View Single Post
      05-06-2017, 04:18 AM   #6
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakespere View Post
But I says strictly diesel with no additives on the refueling lid of my car?????
Good point to raise.

It is the reason many users will simply fill with premium fuel to get the benefit of more additives. For example, Esso state their premium fuels (in the UK) have double the additives of the standard fuel. I used premium while my 330d was under the manufacturer's warranty for that very reason.

BMW have their own approved diesel additive, (Part No. 83 19 2 296 922). I assume that is the one the OP has been referred to. If so, then BMW have tested for compatibility. I've used the BMW approved petrol additive (Part No. 83 19 2 183 738) in my N55 engine, the only one I would use, other than premium fuel, due to the HPFP, etc.

I used the Millers diesel product in my 330d, as it has earned a good reputation over the years and is formulated for engines with a DPF.

I suppose it could be quite a discussion on whether the additive package supplied in fuel is any different than adding a shot of additive from a reputable manufacturer. Obviously we would have to consider what additive we use, also understand the risks. Any doubt, don't add anything to fuel other than BMW product.
Appreciate 0