04-29-2018, 02:51 AM   #2
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Med Blue 530e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa View Post
Even though I think I am SOL, I figured I'd ask to see if there's anything that can be done. My Frozen Arctic Grey 540 was keyed/scratched by some asshole in a parking lot the other day. It's not super deep (the scratches don't catch nails when ran on them), but it's there. For someone who's OCD about vehicles and meticulous about paint condition etc, it is very real. Under the sun they are pretty clear on the passenger door side and then run up to the fender. Whole bunch of swirlies by the door handle and then some straighter ones towards the front of the door and the fender.

Is there anything that can be done short of getting the whole door and fender re-painted?
If it makes you feel any better even regular paint would have the same repair. Nothing short of repainting the whole thing will work to get rid of deep ones but in your case a real good detailer may be able to touch it up. You can’t buff or polish it out. Just look for a great BMW paint n repair shop. If you’re as bad as me OCD wise and bought your car you may consider a clear matter wrap ironically to prevent it again. I take nothing more personal than people fucking with your property out of pure jealousy. At least look at at this way that someone is so pathetic and sad about their state in life they had to blindly take it out on you. I truly empathize as I’ve had shit happen to some previous cars.

Last edited by TopgearLA; 04-29-2018 at 03:07 AM..
Appreciate 0