02-28-2019, 01:25 PM   #2
JH1
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 520d SE G30 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farravi View Post
I’ve managed to get hold of a used Harmon Kardon speaker system without the wiring loom.

The kit comprises of :
2 subs
6 mids
6 tweeters (incl. 2 door mounts)
1 front centre dashboard with clip on
1 amp

I’ve done a bit of digging around for the wiring loom For the g30 base system(without the tweeters) on my 530e and was advised that hypothetically the wiring loom used on the f10 and f30 should work on the 530e. So I ordered one and will be retro fitting it.

I am also looking into coding so will need guidance from you experienced members before I have someone install the kit.

09.02.19 I have received the H&K speaker and amp set and I have ordered the wiring loom for the f10/f30 which includes the MOST cable, awaiting delivery in around 1-2weeks
Wow, that's going to be an interesting project, I assume you will need to get to the back of the head unit to get a feed out to the Harmon amplifier, then run new wiring? Or is there already a wiring feed from the head unit to the rear load area where the amp will be fitted?

Either way good luck, should be a nice upgrade.

I also have the base system and I have just purchased some Eton B 100 W components speakers to fit in the front to help improve things a bit. Just need to pick up the tweeter covers from BMW then I have all I need to do it, except the time!!
Appreciate 0