View Single Post
      05-07-2019, 01:51 AM   #8
xzyt
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1 View Post
Wow, that's going to be an interesting project, I assume you will need to get to the back of the head unit to get a feed out to the Harmon amplifier, then run new wiring? Or is there already a wiring feed from the head unit to the rear load area where the amp will be fitted?

Either way good luck, should be a nice upgrade.

I also have the base system and I have just purchased some Eton B 100 W components speakers to fit in the front to help improve things a bit. Just need to pick up the tweeter covers from BMW then I have all I need to do it, except the time!!
I have the base system on my G30 as well. I'm really disappointed in the audio quality... I was surprised that a premium brand as BMW can deliver a car with such a poor audio system.

I'm happy to read that you have the same audio system...

However, I'm planning to upgrade my car with the Eton B100W front speakers and the Eton B100XCN center speaker, but do I have to install an amplifier? Or can I just replace the speakers with Etons? Of course I have to buy the tweeter cover somewhere but I want to be sure that they will work on my base audio system without installing an amplifier. Do I need something some special wires or all they all included in the Eton package?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0