View Single Post
      05-13-2019, 10:19 AM   #12
xzyt
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH1 View Post
Hi, and sorry for the delay in reply, I don't get on here very often!

Yes, you can upgrade the fronts with the Eton component speakers at the front (B100W) and you have the option of two different types for the rear I believe... a search on the Eton website will tell you which ones you can choose.

You can simply replace the speakers without having to add an amplifier.

As for the front centre speaker... if you have the base system (ie. no tweeter covers near the internal area around the door mirrors), then you do not have a separate amplifer and you do not have a centre speaker. There are simply two front door speakers, two small subs under each front seat and two rear shelf or ceiling speakers (G30/G31).

I have only replaced the fronts with the B100W's and that is a nice worthwhile upgrade. To get any better than simply replacing the front door and rear shelf speakers will get complicated and expensive, as you will have to fit a dedicated amplifier. The amplifier you currently have is not a separate unit; it is integral to the head unit in the dash board.

For the money, the B100w is a good upgrade, but you will need to get some tweeter grill covers from you BMW dealer so you can fit the tweeters. Have a look at the Bavsound G30 installation video; it tells you everything you need to know.

Good luck.
Thank you for replying! Have you installed the B100XHP passive crossover as well? I've contacted Eton with the same question, if it's feasible to connect the front door speakers without installing an amp, and they replied that I have to install the B100XHP as well. This filter should filter the bass signal out of the audio signal. I'm not really convinced that it's required.

https://www.eton-gmbh.com/en/product...uct/b-100-xhp/
Appreciate 0