View Single Post
      07-01-2019, 05:40 AM   #8
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Over the years...I have done it all.

This led me to one distinct conclusion as you can make almost any plan for you work if you adapt to your body.

I let my body dictate when I eat. Your body lets you know when it's thirsty, when you have to go to the bathroom, etc. I also rely on it to tell me when to eat.

Now granted....you have to "know" your body. Some people experience hunger from being dehydrated and a whole host of other issues. Some let mood dictate their pattern, some simply eat out of boredom.

But once you truly realize that your body is asking for food, you develop that to a point that it becomes second nature.

Now I do have a set % of Macros that I follow when it's time for a meal. And I eat foods that agree with my body...stuff that I digest fairly easily. If I do this, I find that my body can process the meal, and be ready again in just a couple of hours for more depending on what your metabolic needs are.

For example on leg days, I may eat 5-6 times per day. On a day that I train a smaller muscle group, I may eat only 2-4 times. But doing it like this when my training is consistent typically averages out to a set amount of calories per day....especially if you track your food and average it for the long term.

After that, if I want to drop weight, I go into a slight deficit. If I am looking to add weight, I try to stimulate more of a surplus through my training. Same Macros as before, just a small amount more or less depending upon my goals.

Doing this allows me to "hover" no more than 12% in the off-season...and get down to around 6% when it's time for the beach. Typically I can hold between 8%-10% without much effort or thought, but I do find myself occasionally chasing the "gains train" even though I am older.

Nothing feels like slapping 3,4,5 plates on a bar when doing the "big lifts"! But as I have aged...I don't push the weight like I used to as I don't want any injuries.