United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 M60, M5's, 535.335, M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjolokia View Post
From what I understand, Geico mechanical breakdown does cover the cost if bmw won't.

The only caveat is that you can't purchase this insurance unless your car is less than 15 months old AND has less than 15,000 miles.

I already had Geico when I got my M550i and they added it automatically to my policy.
I also have MBI from GEICO. But my understanding is that they would take the same attitude toward a tune. So if the BMW dealership determined that the car was tuned and that the tune contributed to the failure, I think GEICO would also decline to cover it.

Are you suggesting that GEICO will cover a part failure even if the dealership determined that the tune caused or contributed to the failure? That would be terrific if true.
I think I'm going to speak to Geico tomorrow and poke around this subject with them. As in would they cover engine if I didn't put enough oil in engine doing oil change myself. If they cover that you'd think a tune blowing engine would be covered as well? Get a basis of how generous this coverage is that we pay $3 bucks a month for.
2019 M550 686BK Black Chrome 20"wheels, filters, Evolve Stage 1, Res delete
2024 i5 M60 Cape York Green
Appreciate 0