09-25-2019, 10:20 AM   #21
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
My coworker has a G63 (2018 - last year before refresh) and I take it out every once in a while when we're in the same office. It's a neat car that's built like a tank but definitely not a daily driver if you have any type of real commute.

To give you an idea, he lives in Greenwich CT and traded in his G550 for it. It was sitting on the lot with 1,000 miles on it because a wealthy housewife purchased it, took it back a forth to Rhode Island, then traded it in for a GLS63.

It's VERY narrow so there isn't much interior space. It's also top-heavy, even with the wide stance of the AMG. I loathe the steering as well -- just feels like mush. The interior is cool to look at but Mercedes always seem to be a few years behind in onboard technology - the system in my Jeep Grand Cherokee is much more buttoned up and modern.

It hauls ass and I'm sure is great off-road but I can't see driving it everyday. Take every criticism listed above and multiply it for the G550 - I see no redeeming qualities in the regular trims.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0