10-03-2019, 03:52 PM   #35
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watching The World Burn View Post
Very true.

You are entitled to feel this way. It is also inconsequential. Neither of us really matter here.

Agreed. It is however in OT. And as seasoned members are aware, threads rarely stay on topic. This has had over 72 hours on topic, which is a rarity you should feel relatively good about IMO.

You have asked to be enlightened, being the ever courteous soul that I am, I'd like to provide the following points as a roadmap towards your path to enlightenment:

1. Slander is an untrue defamatory statement spoken orally. Libel on the other hand is the same defamatory statement, but written. Libel would have been a better word.

2. Defamation (or defamatory statements) are statements presented as fact that causes injury or damage to the character of the person it is about. I did not name any names, nor do I know the company you work for. Accordingly, I fail to understand how the character of your company specifically has been impugned.

3. Intent is also a crucial piece of the puzzle in order to successfully argue defamation. Intent suggests that I made a statement with the knowledge it was untrue or with reckless disregard for the truth (meaning I questioned the truthfulness, but said it anyhow). My statement was that I surmise at least one employee probably doesn't wash their hands. Surmise is to "suppose something is true without having evidence to confirm it". In other words, a guess. With that word there, an argument for intent sort of falls flat on its face.

I tend to choose my words carefully. I wish others would do the same.

So....feeling enlightened? Or are you just raging?

Think of it this way - use this as fuel to hit the gym.

References
https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/d...nder-and-libel
This is hilarious. Thank you for taking the time to point out the difference between slander and libel. Although I should have chosen my words more carefully, your reply above does not remove the fact that you insinuated that you should stay away from our product based off of "contributions" in another thread that were not made.

In response to your diversion posted above, you did not enlighten me on what I posted that gave you the notion that you should not purchase our product. You did pick up on the use of the word slander used in the form of a noun, when I used it as a verb. They are different. Fact is, I said nothing in another thread that would make one assume that our product is unsafe for consumption and rather than answer my question to point out what I said, that reflects this notion, you diverted while making an ass of yourself.

Raging? Nah, I don't get upset over what random strangers have to say on the internet. For you to assume that it upsets me or that I can/will use it for fuel for the gym is comical.
Appreciate 0