View Single Post
      11-07-2019, 02:29 PM   #130
CoolWave911
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW G30 530i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve090619 View Post
I have added coolant twice so far, both at around 14,000 miles. I think car just burns coolant. If your filling every other week or every 2000 tp 4000 miles, I would then look into a leak.
Believe it or not there is no such thing as 'burns coolant'. If your car lost coolant then the system has a leak somewhere whether big or small it will develop to a problematic issue later on. I used to think like you because let's admit it we love the vehicle, it's not a cheap car and we try to convince ourselves to overlook things like this. My car initially only asked for coolant once and was all good for a solid 6 months, but since I used it extensively the problems became obvious past 50000km when it developed into a massive leak with visible drips and puddles.

BMW admitted this issue and honoured my warranty, I'm not trying to do fear mongering but it's rather a PSA....great vehicle but they could've done better. I'm surprise they haven't done a recall on the expansion tank already. Based on the number of people confirming the loss of coolant in this forum alone it's quite alarming.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50