View Single Post
      03-20-2017, 06:03 PM   #15
BiGFather
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive Mperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckyarla View Post
Thanks for all the kind words. Well, I'm home at last - but without my car! I left home (Donegal) at 8am. Got to dealer as planned at 12. Car seemed to be ready to go. When going through the idrive with the so-called 'BMW genius' we discovered that there was no satnav. He tried to install it with a USB stick but no luck. So they took it into the service bay and hooked it up to a computer connected to Germany. 5 hours later they told me the software update was complete but that they had to order a 'repair patch' (at least I think that's what he said) and that they would need to keep the car for a couple of days. They gave me their G30 demo (M-Sport 520d) and I departed for home at 5.30pm. It was snowing on the way home and the journey took 4 and a half hours. What a disaster. They say they will send someone up here with my car when it's ready. I prefer to drive my new car out of the garage myself but I'm not going back there. I feel totally pissed off with the whole experience.
What a stupid joke. You have premium luxury expensive car and they are that stupid that they cant overwrite a software?
I will never let them drive my car especially 4h way. They should bring it for you on truck.

I am a bit stressed now after reading this thread.. I hope i did no mistake by buying new car. I did it because I want fresh nice car, not with scratches inside, not working ambiente or nav..

Btw you were "lucky" they told it to you. I bet here they wonīt + live in hope I would not find some kind of problem

Btw 2 my friends father bought seat ibiza - new one - and when they looked at home under the car they seen 4 small holes on suspension - they dropped it from truck or something during delivery. So he got 1000€ discount.. BUT they didnt tell him he had to call them piss*d off like a bull.. Well itīs nice to see we probably need a mechanic and also stroke the car before taking it
Appreciate 0