01-20-2022, 11:51 AM   #30
Sam_M550i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
Let me try to address all of your folks questions:

1. Rails and gutters- yes, my shipment came with them despite not being noted in the ad. Might be a good idea to confirm with the seller. They look so similar to oem that I used the dirt on my old ones as the distinguishing factor. The shape is slightly different to accommodate the new lights.

2. No BMW insignia unfortunately. One of the first things I looked for. So it doesn't pretend to be something it isn't. Oh well. :/

3. They do mimic euro spec. I looked for na spec knockoffs out of curiosity and couldn't find any. These are likely targeted with Chinese customers in mind. The instructions even reference them as being for G30 and G38.

4. I do recommend them especially given the price. I have some concerns about weatherproofing and leaks, but it's more uncertainty that I sealed things well and my own (lack of) skill. The lights and gutters themselves seem to be at a similar level of quality as oem.

The plus is that this is a kit made to work with non-LCI cars, rather than LCI lights that need additional work to retrofit. However if it weren't for the coding and rewiring I'd probably lean oem. It'd sit better with me no doubt, and I do feel weird about using knockoffs. If youve gotten the oem retrofit done and working you're golden imho. Nevertheless, in this day and age, the third party stuff tends to be uncannily high quality. I wish I took pics before installing.

Here are some close ups, car is still filthy.
Awesome information and the pics are the cherry on top. I will be ordering these soon and asking the seller about rain guards. Could just go over what you had to do for the inners as far as some adapter?