View Single Post
      10-30-2019, 03:27 PM   #16
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
For me, Comfort or ECO Pro. I like ECO Pro on the highway and comfort when in traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
does eco pro actually improve much mpg in highway drives? I stick in comfort in highway just really dislike the throttle response (or the lack of) in eco pro, if idling around in town I'll stick with eco pro

edit: I suppose if I'm driving 3 hours and stick to cruise control then I'll try eco pro, but that scenario doesn't really happen often for me.
On a longer 500 mile drive I took in the car shortly after we got and and were testing various things. ECO Pro added somewhere around 10MPG fuel economy or so. It also dramatically increased our miles on pure electric drive on our 530e. We couldn't detect a real difference in driving performance though (there was a minor impact on climate control though).

So my recommendation would be use ECO Pro for highway drives where you're able to use cruise control and will have a fairly stable speed. As I noticed that it got a fair bit of its boost from doing coasting a lot more efficiently. And I'm sure there is other stuff too, but that's what I noticed.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50