03-04-2008, 09:49 AM   #4
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Hey guys.. I'd like to field an opinion from you all..

In light of these brutal lease rates, I'm playing with the idea of buying the car outright, over a 4 year period (~$1200 a month, where it is around $900 to lease). What do you guys think of this? I'm somewhat worried about what I'm going to do with it after, and how much money I'll lose, essentially. I'm also a little afraid how much the 135i will improve over four years.

Also... I'm usually a big believer in buy-what-appreciates-rent-what-depreciates. But of course there is the enjoyment factor along the way.

After using Edmunds lease/buy calculator, it recommended buying instead of leasing at these rates.

Opinions are appreciated!
Hey Stefan.. heres my honest opinion apart from all these lease rates/finance rates, depreciating and all this improvement throughout 4-5 year or even the new one series after that. If you really want something you'll buy it and honestly many people tell me that the first year isn't the best choice because of improvements but hey you know what after 1 year.. you'll think of the next.. then the next and then the next.. there is always going to be bigger and better things coming and if not then the market will die right? yes i am right.. I think currently this car is at a "decent price", not a bargin yet not overly priced because you are paying for a bmw however for what you get your getting something that is powerful, luxury, fun, and all that good stuff which not many cars out there have at the same price point.
i myself am not rich or balling like some ppl out there but I see this car to be one that is a good fit for what I want (small, powerful, good handling, luxury and my first bmw) so I am willing to pay a bit more to get it.. yes you can wait till bmw comes out with some promotion or drop their rates but then the 09 1er comes out and then you think to yourself wait a minute, maybe i should get that one and once again the ball starts rolling again and you are thinking to much and you end up not buying anything "AGAIN"... so in my opinion.. if you truly want this car just buy it just my 2 cents... hope some of it made sense.
Appreciate 0