View Single Post
      06-17-2009, 10:25 PM   #11
Avia2
Rep
Drives: 2007 328ci Cabriolet

Yes I do work for Porsche but I've owned and driven for extended periods a lot of cars and I'm a car guy through and through. SL63...facelift on a 6 year old car. MCT is cool, PDK is better considering we first used the double clutch back in the early eighties when it comes to performance tech. we're the leaders. SL600 is a nice car, no doubt about it but too heavy. The demographic of a C4S cab owner is closer to 35-55 yrs old. I can't disagree with the looks comment to each their own. Tell me if I'm wrong but isn't the 600 still using the transmission from the 90s because of Torque issues? It's no doubt the car is a monster but pinnacle, far from it. And don't get me started on Astons...English built, slow, unreliable talk to any Aston owner and you'll find out why you don't want to own one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 vert View Post
Good point, but the SL63 with the right upgrades can be quite a car actually, especially with that new MCT!

And not true I have owned the R230 SL600 previously and I am from an age group which is generations away from the 60+ group
The SL600 was one of the best cars I had, which wasnt as crisp as the M3 in corners. But hey I am not a tracking person.

The TwinTurbo V12 in the 600/65AMG series is just epic, and represents the pinnacle of automobile engineering.
I mean the performance and luxury you get from these 6 vehicles is simply staggering.
(S/CL/SL 600 and S/CL/SL 65 AMG).

Trust me once you have owned a V12, you will understand where I am coming from.

I am sorry but I think all porsches are really ugly and yes I might get flamed for this... Porsches just arent my cup of tea..people worship the turbo...and they should its quite a car...but I would rather keep my M3 then buy a porsche

Or if I was still going to change still....I would consider the Vantage Convertible. Which arent the most powerful cars, but they make the right noise and are drop-dead gorgeous

P.S. On a side note do you by any chance work for porsche
Appreciate 0