View Single Post
      08-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #128
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
It just common sense to wait for others to pass before you make the move.
Who said you're in F1, then you can recover whenever you want and cause other drivers to avoid you. Who the hell you think you are.

Backmarkers or not, they have the right to use the racing line like any other. Once LH spun off, his right to move back to racing line was removed until the track to clear. Forcing other drivers or perform a move that cause a driver off the track is called "impeding" other drivers. And he got slapped with a "drive thru".
Re read my post, I was not referencing hamiltons spin at all, just correcting xbooks ridiculous statement that in racing if you spin or have an off you have to wait for everyone to go by and assuming a Fing f1 race is like a amateur drivers education event, it's just stupid.

And you can impede drivers rejoining the track all you damn well please, just because you go off track doesn't mean you're no longer racing, you just cant crash into them and force them off track.

and I still don't think di rossa HAD to go off track, there was still a car width in the racing line, he just flinched.