10-06-2023, 09:21 AM   #18
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
...The dealer parts folks said they can order the foam cushions for the bottom portion of the seat. Would that new foam cushion circumvent the cooling cables and stuff under the fabric? I am surprised what a difference it makes with the cooling and massage features.
If you were to swap in the padding/cushions for the non ventilated seats into a BMW that had the ventilating fans...there wouldn't be any cutouts for the fans.

For some reason the diagram for the 5 series seats don't have an illustration for the ventilated cushions like some of the other models. For example, in the pics below you can see that #4 & #5 shows an example of the cushions for the ventilated seat for the G12 7 series and #7 and #8 in the 2nd illustration of the F06 6GC series...which shows the hole cut-outs for the ventilating fans:
G12 seat diagram: #4 and #5 ventilated seat cushions

F06 Seat diagram: #7 and #8 ventilated seat cushions
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0