View Single Post
      04-19-2010, 11:41 AM   #14
bimmernic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 (523)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkee View Post
Thanks for the info nfnc, nigelh & bdardashti.

Since I've taken delivery of my vehicle, I guess its too late to add the 6FL option now or is it?

I do have the smartphone integration. Can I attach my iphone and listen to the music on the iphone?
On the E60, when it was first introduced mid-cycle, the 6FL option could not be retrofitted. However, I understand it is now possible to do so but don't quote me on this.

Since the 5GT was designed with the 6FL option at inception, it may be possible to retrofit the option. The parts are easily available, AFAIK, but the actual installation may require some software coding to be done. Best to check with your dealer.

In the worst case, you can still utilise the line in jack (if there is one) and purchase a LOD to 3.5 mm cable to connect to the iPod. This would give you the best sound. Do not use the headphone output on the iPod as the signal has to pass through the headphone volume control and may degrade the sound.

No idea about the smartphone integration. If this is the bluetooth phone interface, this would only be for the telephony function.
Appreciate 0