View Single Post
      01-16-2024, 03:17 PM   #77
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
My 20 BMWs in my state costs me very little, but then the newest is a 2013. Once they hit a certain age I pay no property tax and I can get a lifetime vintage registration on them once they hit 25-years old.
I don't know how you do it. I own 5 cars (2020 Mazda 3, 2020 4runner, 2016 M235, 2015 Outback, 2011 Cayman) though two are technically my kid's. I maintain all of them and I wouldn't want to maintain any more cars than this, no matter how much money I have. Insurance, maintenance and repairs, property tax, etc. adds up and you constantly feel like you're paying for something every few weeks. We easily have the money for all of this and all cars are paid for, but I have no desire to spend money like this so often. I like working on cars a lot, but not the expense of so many (the kid's do help pay and I teach them how to work on their cars). I can't imagine maintaining a large number of 10 y/o cars. I guess most people that have "collections" aren't really car guys anyways, in the sense that they actually know how to work on a car, much less even know how a car really works (not saying this is you). They essentially just like cars and don't have a passion for them.