06-22-2023, 07:26 PM   #24
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkMan215 View Post
This thing looks like it gaps 90% of things on the road bro!

How many miles do you currently have and how would you say it is reliability-wise since tuned?

Did you also flash XHP trans tune?
Thanks bro!

So the car is currently around 50,600 miles. Stage 2+ was done around 8,000 miles ago. Realiability wise, it's been fine. Oil changes are done every 5-6k... overkill maybe but it gives me piece of mind and for what it costs for oil and a filter - it's worth it I think. Plus I don't like the really long service intervals that BMW suggest on these engines.

My flex disc needs changing. Not sure if tuning has accelarated the wear on it but it seems to be a common issue on the G30 as others have had it replaced soon and some on cars with more miles, both on stock and tuned.

I had XHP from when the car was stage 2. I have it set to S2 but then tried S3 - I never went back to S2.

I'm currently looking at hybrid turbo options and tuners who can do me a custom pump fuel tune as a starting point, for the car to be stage 3

G30 540i xDrive / Stage 3 via BM3 / xHP Stage 3 / Pure 800 Cast Turbo / 5" Catted Downpipe / MST Intake / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / 19" JR SL01 & Conti SC7 / 20" BBS CI-R & Michelin PS4S / F90 Sway Bars & Braces / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 1