///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4282 View Post
This says it all- BMW wants to now make m cars for "all" not just for enthusiasts. That's the problem. The f8x is a good example- it's a street car which is trackable rather than track car that can be driven in the street- mclaren, and the new 991.2s and up is track focused first and street second.

Don't get me wrong I love my m4 but it's not track first and this is ok for me as while I autox it and do DE events I haul groceries and my two kids more often than I do autox or DE events
The M3 hasn't been track focused since the first M3.
The M3/M4 is built off of a sedan chassis, and the Porsche 911 is a sports car. You should know this since you have an M4. It is not a sports car. It is not meant for the track first, street second. And many complain that the Porsche has gotten softer as it grown to cater to a larger customer base . If BMW wanted a more track focused 3/4 series and M3/M4, then they would not have gone and stretched the wheel base of the E9X platform and made it heavier. They would have lengthened it a tad compared to the e46 and tried to keep similar proportions. But that would not have been a good business decision. Again, the 911 is a sports car, just like the Corvette. The M4 based off of the F3X chassis is not a sports car or has a sports car chassis, it is compromised.

But, I do agree with your first point. BMW knows that there are a lot of people who go to the dealership and just want the most expensive car, which is generally the M cars. Just like they do at the Mercedes dealership---they go for the AMG models. Or the Audi dealership---the RS models. Or the Caddy dealership---the V models. And for these people, who go and just buy the most expensive model don't want harsh rides, body hugging seats, loud exhausts, high revving engines, and cars that feel like race cars. They don't care about 0-60 times, they care about "wafting easily through traffic". They don't care about 60-0 braking, but they care about brake caliper colors and the car knowing that something is in front of them and braking for them. They don't care about carbon roofs, but they do care about interiors and how they go with their Breitling or Rolex. And most important, they care about what others think of them.
So true but oh so LAME!
Appreciate 1
mundo7465.00