View Single Post
      04-24-2017, 01:08 PM   #250
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

I am well aware of the issues some 135i owners have reported with their DCTs but I have had zero problems with mine since the day I took possession of my car in October 2010. It has been a flawless transmission for me that shifts both up and down exceptionally fast and never misses a beat. Turning on the A/C has no negative affect on the DCT in my car, like it does for some others.

I drive with the sport button pressed and the gear selector pushed to the left in M/S position and do all my own shifting. I would actually prefer a manual but because of a permanent injury to my left ankle I can no longer work a clutch. My first 135i was an '08 with the Steptronic transmission and I think the DCT is much faster and a total blast to drive.

I have read many of the posts zx10guy has written about his DCT woes and sympathize with him. We are fellow 1ADDICTS and I respect his opinion and appreciate his situation. This is not to start an argument but instead wanted to share my experience with my 135i and the DCT. Very happy with mine and think that BMW and other car makers should offer us enthusiasts the transmission of our choice.