View Single Post
      08-11-2021, 12:06 PM   #21
430Scud
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550iX,430 Scud,E39 540Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhodory View Post
If you're not going to ceramic coat, then my advice is . . . .

NuFinish.

Sounds crazy, I know. But have watched no fewer than 3 "side by side" ceramic coating comparisons where NuFinish has lasted well past one year, nearly 18 months.

It's cheap.
It works.

Having said that, if you go the ceramic route, I'd say: CarPro CQuartz 3.0.

Oh, and as someone has already said: if you haven't washed your car in several months, a good wash + clay or surface decontamination will go a long way.
Unfortunately, NuFinish is one of the products with huge batch to batch variability. In fact all the recent tests by ScottH now show it is underperforming pretty consistently in both liguid and paste formulations. What is weird is he did some tests that started 3 years ago and the liquid was lasting over 18 months...maybe 24? But all the recent stuff is failing after a few months...he started logging lot numbers or year of production trying to figure out what was going on. Not sure he figured it out.

+1 on CarPro CQuartz 3.0 it has consistently shown excellent durability going on close to 2 years. Just don't use the CarPro Reload as the "topper" or detail spray with it...as the Reload has poor durability losing it hydrophobic qualities after 30 days or less. Griot's Garage 3 in 1 Ceramic Spray would be a better option.
Appreciate 0