View Single Post
      08-20-2019, 03:01 PM   #28
CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
I think hand washing the car all depends on how much dirt/grime has accumulated on the car when you go to wash it and how well/often it's maintained.

If you don't daily drive the car and you maintain it well between washes then you don't necessarily need to hand wash the car every wash, right? Technically even just a quick wax or detailer spray in certain spots would work in that circumstance.

However, if you daily drive the car then you'll most likely have to use some sort of elbow grease/hand wash to get off those hard grime spots that accumulate in certain areas (i.e. rocker panels, directly behind rear tires, front bumper/grille from bugs, etc). For the other parts of the car- hood, doors, roof, etc I think a pressure washer and foam cannon would suffice without necessarily needing to touch the car/paint assuming there aren't any visible dirty areas.

The less you have to touch the paint, the less chance you have of scratching the paint. Although ideal, it's not necessarily practical for everyone, especially those (like me) that daily drive their car in which conditions are sometimes less than ideal.

To sum it up, I don't think you necessarily have to hand wash the car every wash, but it all depends on how dirty the car is, whether or not it's maintained well between washes, and if it's being daily driven or not. What I do and how I clean my car would probably be overkill for someone who only drives their car 1-2 times per week in sunny South Florida, for example.

The ultimate goal for washing your car should be to get it as clean as possible with the least amount of touching, scrubbing, moving things across your paint as possible.

With that said, I want a foam cannon and pressure washer. Looks awesome!

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay

Last edited by CLABRO; 08-20-2019 at 03:48 PM..
Appreciate 0