02-27-2019, 10:49 AM   #8
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppagiga View Post
Blue, first of all, like your x5 review, incredibly detailed and helpful. Thank you.

I myself just sat in one again. Can second what you guys have said about the second row. You slide it all the way back, even with the first row all the way back, you’ve got prob 41” of legroom in the second row. That leaves about 30 in the third row is my guess (a shade more than in q7, 5” less than in gls). I got in the third row after doing this, and I'm 6'1" and my knees were scraping the second row. That to me feels like 30" or so, maybe a little less.

Another two observations:

The button on the driver’s door for second row control seems to slide the second row forward only, but does not tilt it. As what the seat does when you press the same button to move it back, I’m not sure if it takes the second row back to exactly where it was prior or as far back as the second row slides. Hopefully the former, not the latter.

As for trunk controls of second and third row, I’m still not sure what exactly the max comfort button does. The manual says it moves the second row to the "basic" position. This position may be the same as the "standard" position pressing the reset button on the second row seat itself takes you to. That position has the backrest straight up (not reclined at all) and the seat base somewhere in the middle of it's farthest slid forward position and farthest slid back position. That position may be the basis for the 33.3" legroom measurement they state in the specifications.

Attachment 1999449
Good stuff, man. Glad we're digging down into the practical details of the X7. I sat in another one, and think I like it even a little more. Brought the family, and they really like it too. It's now their favorite BMW to sit in. Haven't driven it yet, but not anticipating any issues there.
Appreciate 0