04-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #17
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najt View Post
aahh.sorry. yes. I have hi-fi audio setting in car.

So I will take the voltmeter and check the resistance on cables from amp heading to speakers right?

I dont know what exactly happen, but even with OEM amp, the sound is totaly unlistenable... it seems like some frequencies are missing...could I someho damaged the soundspeakers? if the will be damaged, they wouldnt even play or the sound will be veryy clipping and distored right? but the music is just completly without melody, power...its really strange

I have checked the the polarity...everything is fine... but the SUBS are not moving so much...they are noticeable...but with raising volume...they dont moove much... only MIDS and HIGH goes up. the problem is that even with origin amp, the sound is now terrible
I know this is an obvious question, but did you check the bass setting in you head unit/navigation unit? If that is set on the lowest setting that could explain why you have no bass.

If its still not working, connect the oem subs (since you new 8's are installed under the seat) to the amp in the trunk and listen for sound. If you have no sound at all then something is wrong with the output from the harness, or the head unit its self. Then to test this more, move the 8in sub wires from the 5/6ch and connect them to channel 1/2 and see if you get any bass (remove the front speaker first).

This will help determine if the rear channel is bad on your head unit. Maybe the single is so weak that the amp can't duplicate it for the 5/6 channel's. This is how i test stuff by looking at all possibilities first. If you still can't figure it out, I'd suggest tossing it all back together like it was stock and going into the dealers (if you have a warranty) If not it could be very costly at the dealer...
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0