View Single Post
      05-26-2020, 07:17 PM   #28
-EndOfAnEra-
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD

Garage List
Overall, I think it isn't bad. It is definitely giving me grown-up G20 vibes rather than grown up F10 vibes for the pre-LCI. Still think I prefer the old one overall.

However, two observations I find very interesting.

1. I think this is the first time I've seen the 530e associated with performance and the 540i associated with luxury. I believe the placement of the MSport 530e vs. the Luxury Line 540i is most deliberate and a view of the direction they are taking performance. The absence of the M550i in pictures makes me think this is their way of de-emphasizing traditional ICE performance. We've all heard some of the dark rumors regarding the future of the N63...

2. Look at the two engines BMW provided us (B58?). Although they seem to be the same, the first one has an MPerformance decal on it and the second does not. Both have the traditional 6 stripes usually indicating an inline-6...
Appreciate 0