View Single Post
      03-29-2017, 11:23 PM   #9
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
You are right on - I'm being an optimist again. Despite being granted 'free speech' like they were people, the corporations really don't have any other than a profit motive. One of the most chilling things I've listened to was a recording of some insurance execs discussing 'special claims' (in this case it was four cases of advanced cancer) and very explicitly stating to each other 'we need to just refuse this again, and they will be dead before it gets to appeal - otherwise it could run well up into 7 figures'.
This is why personally and people with common sense should see having health insurance companies traded publicly to be absolutely criminal. Having a profit motive is so counter to providing proper health care. It's a shame our health care environment has gone so far to the other extreme from the days when managed health care was instituted for all the right reasons.
Appreciate 1
Maynard3830.00