View Single Post
      07-01-2019, 08:36 AM   #2
CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
BMW should make it more clear regarding how the navigation map is updated as I wasn't sure either when I first got my car.

In the US, the only map updates that update over the air are the regional maps and you can select your region here (it's under map update): https://connecteddrive.bmwusa.com/ap...x.html#/portal

In the US, the entire map though needs to be downloaded and uploaded to the car via USB.

The above may be different for your father though since you're not in the US.

Pull up the navigation (the actual map) on the iDrive screen and then once you're there, press option on the iDrive controller. There should be something called software information- press that and it will give you your navigation map version (mine is 2016-4 so I need an update):
Attached Images

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay

Last edited by CLABRO; 07-01-2019 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 2
clee1982796.00
AD18347.50