View Single Post
      09-03-2019, 03:07 PM   #1086
duder13
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cashmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by super51fan View Post
I am not questioning your marketing sense, I am questioning your knowledge of Toyota production costs. You say it would be $50K-$55k for a car with a shortened lightened less luxury Lexus chassis with a V35a and unique interior and exterior. But that just described the the $95K RC F track edition without even factoring the costs of a unique interior and exterior and cost differential of the V35a over the 2ur. What makes the car $40K cheaper out of no where?

They may have turned people off but they also brought in new perspective buyers. Yeah they definitely should have tried to replicate their 90s sales flop for the sake of bragging rights by celica owners at car meets. If it doesn't sell well, that just means it lives up to its predecessor.

The manual transmission part isn't a big deal today for everyone especially at a time when the corvette and 3 series wont have them either.
I don't understand why you keeping bringing up the RC-F Track edition. It's more expensive because of "adding lightness" through things like carbon fiber and lighter components. I'm just talking about lopping half a foot off the RC-F chassis, like BMW has done in the past, and those cars ended up being cheaper than the larger cars. Plus, specialty cars like the Track Edition usually have considerable profit margins compared to regular versions.
Appreciate 0