View Single Post
      05-06-2020, 06:33 PM   #18
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Wrt stability and speed, my list:
E39 530i up till 150 mph feels like a true suicide mission. The vehicle dynamics are completly compromised and it becomes balistic. When you need to correct your traject or hard brake, you're dead. That simple!
My F10s (520d) felt certainly more stable and planted at 140. Not to the level where you could briskly change direction or speed though. But I did it with my two kids in the car without having remorse or sweating hands.
The X3 2.0d never went over 120mph and did well, no problem and rather stable, and it certainly has no performance ambitions at all.
The M4 and M4 competition went fast to 165mph and also here, not really top confident about remaining directional stability. I could still brake hard, but with clear impact on traject.
M5 F90 felt seriously capable at 165mph, and still decent sensitive on the steering input and traject adjustments. I felt confident to make very late, very hard braking interventions. Incredible machine this is, how it makes all these extreme things super simple and provides confidence!
But also M6 gran coupe felt rather stable at 165mph, good directional response and confidence. I would say a bit less than the F90 though.
Appreciate 0