creativ101
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativ101 View Post
Installed CarPlay via a usb. A couple weeks back, the car went in and the dealer had to do a software update. The update failed because it had issues with "coding / CarPlay". Is there any way to remove CarPlay and restore the unit back to factory so the dealer can do the update?
I would call BMW assist since it is now free on select vehicles to see if yours qualifies. Once they add it to your vehicle's profile with an FSC code I would imagine they would be able to do the update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativ101 View Post
Installed CarPlay via a usb. A couple weeks back, the car went in and the dealer had to do a software update. The update failed because it had issues with "coding / CarPlay". Is there any way to remove CarPlay and restore the unit back to factory so the dealer can do the update?
I would call BMW assist since it is now free on select vehicles to see if yours qualifies. Once they add it to your vehicle's profile with an FSC code I would imagine they would be able to do the update.
Mine doesn't qualify.

If I bought CarPlay from bmw, would the dealer still be able to see that I previously CarPlay via a usb?
Appreciate 0