View Single Post
      02-26-2020, 05:21 AM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Did they state why?
Any particular reason you are asking for this other than to have the latest?

I believe there is a cost as I'm under the impression they will only do it to address an issue in which case the cost is covered.

I had my 5 updated in 2018 as there was a known issue with the gearbox selector ( no idea what) and so that was done under warranty. It took a good 2 hours to do, the time is based upon what hardware is installed. For example as I had VDC , they have to re calibrate that , I saw them measuring the ride height as part of that process.

As I was inquisitive about the whole thing the service guy told me into the work shop to see the technician working on it . I asked about what the update fixes and they showed me the info they get and to be honest there was not much info there so I couldn't get any details of what bugs were fixed or if any potential feature changes. In my case there was a change to the graphics in the cluster and HUD as regards the Lane assistant where you are prompted to put your hands back on the wheel but other than that you wouldn't know otherwise.

My guess is that they are doing it on a cost basis as it will cost them as it's not a warranty job. If you really feel strongly about it you could ask to pay for it but to be honest, it's not really a big deal. Should you have any issues in the future , if electronic then that may dictate an update

After all many cars will not be running with the absolute latest , mine included which will be getting in for being 2 years out of date. And mine is fine.
Appreciate 0