View Single Post
      03-17-2020, 06:04 PM   #64
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosi View Post
The point where things change is different for each person, but for me personally I would say somewhere around 50 dollars (or euros). And before someone jumps and misinterprets this, I’m refering to the dealership fixing something that they found was broken and I was unaware of, without me giving my approval. EDIT: my specific approval. EDIT2: again, in general, I’m expecting them to service and fix my car. If you like driving around in a broken car, then that’s your deal

The thing that I find stupid here is that people are acting as if the dealership is somehow making money out of this and is intentionally doing this to make a quick buck. People like that are either stupid and never graduated from selling lemonade and think that selling batteries is a legitimate way to make money or really should find something better to do.

Everything else I agree with or at least understand, fine if you’re anal enough to want people calling you for your permission to change a damn battery, just be aware no one has yet gotten rich from doing it
Actually, we have graduated...some of us with multiple degrees and doctorates. And you know what we learned in school and from our parents? CONSENT!

Here is another example. Do we need consent to touch a woman? Touching is free...even less than an $8 battery! "It's just a simple touch...what's the big deal?" In a lot of countries, the answer is no, the man does not require consent and it is considered no big deal. Again, maybe in your country the laws and ethics are different. In the US, no consent = no good (maybe even illegal).
Appreciate 0