View Single Post
      09-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #116
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

I got it back

actually got it back about 10:30pm Friday night, drove it straight home and got to work. Had our BMW CCA Chapterfest the next morning starting at 9am!!! Down to the wire!

Had to put the interior back together. Pulled the rear seats and rear deck so I could re-dye the faded fabric on the rear deck. What a pain in the ass. Up at 6am to get back to work and detail the car..........dedication or insanity?

Now to the good stuff. The gt35r is in and its alive....and I love it. Hits HARD and then pulls and pulls. Barely really had a chance to drive it but I'm really liking where this is going. Car is smoother too. I will have to install a MaximumPSI oil scavenge kit. The car is smoking like crazy when it comes to an idle once the oil is at full temp. I shut it down at every stoplight if I have to drive it. I'm not going to drive it unless necessary until that is done. Ordering tomorrow. As long as I rev it or the car is moving....0 smoke. Just not draining quickly enough at idle. Oh well, wasnt sure if that was going to happen or not.

Will report back after that is done and the m50 mani goes on. I'm heading out to Austin, TX for Austin City Limits and then to Montana for a week starting next Friday....so not much time but I would like to get it running 100% before I leave. Can't wait for vacation!!!

back home