View Single Post
      10-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #127
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Sniz you def want that pointing as straight down as possible, when exactly is it smoking though? Idle all the time? Do you know the exact model of your old turbo? Was it journal bearing?
yeah I know, its a dual BB gt35r. The problem is it was pointing straight down on the previous owners AA log manifold, on my Technique Tuning manifold its cocked as you can see the photos to about 7 to 7:30 if your looking from the rear of the car. Reclocking the turbo would be easy IF the bolts weren't seized due to the heat these turbo's run at on the exhaust side.......I snapped the head off one tonight trying to free it. So thats a no go.

I am ordering a MaximumPSI oil sump kit tomorrow that will solve any issues, it will pull the oil out and send it right into the oil pain. It should solve all issues. I have no choice at this point.

I also pressure tested the exhaust tonight and it looks like the V-band is NOT leaking thank god......its actually the old gasket that was re-used on the new wastegate pipe off that same TT manifold. It seems that manifold does not have a well machined flange for the new wastegate pipe to seal to. Its a brand new flange that has been customed fitted to the manifold and it wont seal w/ the typical metal gasket, so i'm going to try a thicket style in hopes of eliminating this large pre-turbo exhaust leak.

w/ those 2 things out of the way this car should feel great and only get better. I drove it today again and it simply did not smoke at all until I let it sit at idle for roughly 5 minutes once the oil temp was at 200 degrees.

I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!!!

here are the pics of new custom SS piping work. I'm pleased with this new shop.

you can see all the new pipes here.....in total all 4 pipes in and out of the turbo were re-worked and cleaned up. Much better welds than the previous kit had.

New 3" intake pipe

Here is the best pic I have of the new custom charge pipe going to the intercooler. Its been coated in black. Its an oval shape right off the turbo, under the frame rail and sway bar then opens up into the typical circle shape.

its picked me up well over 1.5" in ground clearance. I'm running full down on ground control coilovers to test the clearance and so far i've been good.