LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyVincent View Post
As I mentioned in a previous post, I opened a case with BMW. I received a call from a guy that stated he represents the manufacturer. I explained the situation and went into the fact that the two dealers were not aware of the Pirelli warranty, the fact that they both told me it is BMWs policy to not repair tires and I also sent him the Pirelli warranty in PDF form.

His responses astonished me. He said that the dealerships are independently owned and the manufacturer (BMW) is not responsible for their misguidance, decision or otherwise. He also said that BMW is not obligated to inform the customer about the Pirelli warranty since Pirelli is a separate company and it's their warranty.

I tried to explain that BMW chooses Pirelli and the tires are star rated for BMW. Couldn't reason with him so I realized it was a lost cause. Of course, he did offer an apology and thanked me for being a BMW customer. LOL

As soon as he finished with that fake apology, I calmly told him that he is full of S^&T and doesn't give a S^&T about me or anybody being a customer and is a weak man for following and accepting the deceitful practices of BMW whom is his employer. He responded by saying, "I'm sorry you feel that way". I responded and told him that he is not sorry for how I feel and told him that I felt sorry for his family or friends that may not know what a deceitful, weak, poor excuse for a human being he is. He then hung up on me which I expected from a coward that doesn't want to face the truth.

At this point, I am seriously considering selling/trading the car and going back to Lexus, specifically the LC500 hardtop. Totally different class of vehicle and in the 100K range. Sure, I can buy all new tires and so on. Or I can just purchase the one tire which is the least expensive solution.

Not bragging by any means but I worked hard all my life to be in a position to do what is best for me and my strong principles. This experience makes despise everything about BMW. I cannot enjoy that car. I walked out on my ex-wife in 2009 for being deceitful and will certainly disengage myself from BMW without hesitation or worrying about money lost from depreciation.
I share your frustration. BMW is required to notify you of the tire manufacturers warranty. BMW did with my 530e, but I can't remember if it was in the manual with a link or a DVD or what at this moment. They included details on the various tire manufacturer warranties so I could look at the one covering mine if I desired, Goodyear. But I expect that few read the full stack of documents in this area.

What I don't think is OK though is the BMW Center not letting you know. They may not know the specifics of Pirelli warranty (or would want to guard themselves if Pirelli changes it), but I still think they should have said "Do you have any Wheel & Tire Protection or did you check with Pirelli to be sure they didn't include Road Hazard?". Passing the ball back to you where you can make a decision on checking if you care to do so or whatnot.

Legally, BMW isn't responsible for their dealerships, but they can intervene and make things right and they have levers to punish dealers to improve customer experiences...

But I have had annoying experiences with Mercedes too on stuff like this...

My car was a CPO and had just exited factory bumper to bumper coverage, but I had extended the CPO warranty so when my built in navigation decided to throw an error and no longer work right ahead of a road trip I took the car to the dealership.

After the dealership conducted their diagnostic they decided to not treat it was a warranty repair and stated that it must have been something I had done to the system to make it ask me for a map update file. I pointed out to the dealership that my navigation was covered. Even showed them the text of my Mercedes warranty directly and they still denied it unless I paid them for the repair! I paid for the repair due to my wife wanting it working before the road trip the next day.

Complained to Mercedes corporate and remained cordial. Got the same response from Mercedes. The dealership is independent and what annoyed me more they informed me that the dealership was the only one who could decide what the warranty covered. I explained how insane that was respectfully and ended the call very annoyed with Mercedes.

A few weeks after that call a check arrived from the dealership refunding me for the repair. So a message did get back to them I guess... I still had a sour taste in my mouth... BMW has soured my tastes too for reasons...
Appreciate 0