View Single Post
      12-01-2021, 01:49 PM   #52
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
Although I'm glad I didn't order with all season because it then apparently permanently limits your top speed from the factory.
Eh, I didn't know that (my future M550ix will be equipped with OE A/S). The "normal" limit is 155, what is it for A/S?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Why didn't you just order it with non runflats?
Currently only the 20" wheels are available with conventional tires in the 550. Only RFT is offered in the 540i. Natch these parameters change weekly it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyVincent View Post
As I mentioned in a previous post, I opened a case with BMW. I received a call from a guy that stated he represents the manufacturer. ... His responses astonished me. He said that the dealerships are independently owned and the manufacturer (BMW) is not responsible for their misguidance, decision or otherwise. He also said that BMW is not obligated to inform the customer about the Pirelli warranty since Pirelli is a separate company and it's their warranty.
This is all 100% accurate. I'm pretty sure that contained in your owner's portfolio is the warranty information for the brand of tire that was installed on your car. It's been common practice for decades that tire warranty issues are handled by the tire company, not the car company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyVincent View Post
As soon as he finished with that fake apology, I calmly told him that he is full of S^&T and doesn't give a S^&T about me or anybody being a customer and is a weak man for following and accepting the deceitful practices of BMW whom is his employer. He responded by saying, "I'm sorry you feel that way". I responded and told him that he is not sorry for how I feel and told him that I felt sorry for his family or friends that may not know what a deceitful, weak, poor excuse for a human being he is. He then hung up on me which I expected from a coward that doesn't want to face the truth.
That was pretty harsh. The dude works for his employer, and he has to say what they tell him to say. To do otherwise would be a disservice to you (as he would be providing inaccurate information) and would likely cause him to lose his job. And BMW is not being deceitful, nothing he told you was wrong.

I understand your frustration, but it's just mean to take it out on some poor customer service rep. IMHO.

Dare I suggest had you not burnt the bridge there and taken a more constructive and cooperative approach, BMW would have stepped-up and bought you a new tire.

As for the original topic, I concur that runflats are not great, but for some people (think single woman living or traveling through dangerous areas) they provide a certain level of security, knowing that you can still drive on a airless tire. And the technology has come a long way. Me personally, I'd still prefer to have conventional tires with a full-size spare, jack and wrench.

And as someone else noted, the suspensions are tuned for RFT, so it's not always an improvement to change to conventional. AMHIK.

Anyway... Anthony, I hope you enjoy your new Lexus.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 1
Bobh5952.00