View Single Post
      12-06-2021, 09:54 AM   #20
BMW012
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M550i CBM/Ivory

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSky View Post
Have a garage or BMW (preferrably) check the wheels for centricity. They run them up on the balancer and then take the cover off while they are spinning, videoing on a tripod is best to see this with a background that has lines behind it (tiled wall or simialr).

BMW have had alloys before that were not hub centric the 759I had a bad batch for eample.

See below a video made by my local BMW garage for me showing my alloys were all bad even though they balanced. BMW refused to change them for me even though this could only be a manfactuirng defect as I had them refubished to try fix the issue so they blamed me but when I researched I found a bad batch did exist.

You can clearly see the hop in the wheels. Brand new tyres were also fitted a week before this test. Now maybe it was the tyres but I had the same issue with the set befroe that. I ended up buyng brand new OEM alloys and MPS3 tyres which solved the problem.

Thanks for the video. Its hard to tell where the wheels are hopping - exactly where should I be focusing? and at those speeds - wouldn't all wheels react the same? just wondering if its a dealership gimmick. they usually then tell you u have a very slight bent rim and say it can be fixed for $.
Appreciate 1