04-13-2014, 01:35 PM   #14
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregh View Post
My first washer fluid fill up after purchase, I used RainX Heavy Duty -25. Not long after, the low washer fluid warning would come on shortly after every start up. I filled the reservoir to the brim to no avail.

Service department assured me that when the RainX is gone and I switch to the regular blue stuff, the warning would go away. Being a bit impatient, I ran the sprayers until the reservoir was empty. I did this three more times with plain water to flush out the RainX, and then I filled it to the top with the regular blue stuff. The low washer fluid warning still comes on shortly after every start up.

Does it take time for the system to reset or recalibrate before it will shut off? Or does the sensor just need to be replaced?
It shouldn't have to recalibrate. I had the same issue with Rain X setting off my sensor this past winter as well. Eventually I topped off the washer fluid tank with some blue washer fluid and the warning never came back. You shouldn't have to empty out the reservoir as when I added the blue fluid my reservoir wasn't empty, so even a mixture of Rain X and blue fluid seemed to be enough to clear the warning light.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0