View Single Post
      04-09-2024, 08:08 PM   #1
CHSCHQS
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 540ix M Sport

Need Help with Driving Assistance Pro Features

My G30 has the Driving Assistance Pro package (which will be referenced in this thread as DAP), and I realize I'll get the hang of the system as my ownership continues, but as of right now I'm confused by it and toying with the buttons while on the freeway makes me uneasy. I didn't know enough about the DAP at the time of purchase and the dealership didn't do a thorough job of explaining it other than, "Here are your DAP function buttons."

My understanding is the DAP has three modes as per the green dash icons from L to R: 1) speed monitoring via the needle icon, 2) lane keeping via the steering wheel icon, and 3) "Assist Plus Ready".

The main issue for me right now is I trust my foot and eyes more than the DAP, so I'll often step on the brake before the DAP does if I'm slowing down. Let's say I set my speed at 70mph, I hit the brake, AD is interrupted. What button do I hit to get it back up to 70mph? Also, does the pro (self driving < 40mph) feature automatically pop up when traffic slows to < 40mph or do I have to activate it? Is this the cruise control system? Does it automatically deactivate if speed > 40mph? And can someone explain to me like I'm 5 when to hit which button? For example, right now I go:

A > Bumper up to 70mph.

And when I get the brakes and it interrupts I basically turn the whole function off and start over again LOLOL! Thanks all in advance.
Appreciate 0