View Single Post
      06-25-2014, 06:27 AM   #1
NullCheck
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Not sure if I'm doing the right thing - from M5 to M3

Going from a brand new 2014 CP M5 into an M3 this week. Car should be here any day.

I don't know how I'm going to live without the goodies of the M5, the ventilated seats, bigger iDrive screen, automatically closing trunk. But the M5 is just so big and disconnected. It's such a beast and great car, but it's just a comfortable highway cruiser. I mean my heart and brain definitely know how much better the M3 is for me. I'm only 30 years old. But on the other hand, once I drank the M5 medicine, it's addictive. Now every friking day on the M3, I will compare it against the M5 and this and that.

What do you guys think?

Oh and I actually never test drove the car before, but looking at the HP figures, their weight ratios are fairly similar, so on paper it should push me back to my seat as much as the M5 does correct? Or will it be less aggressive?

But the M5 puts such great lap times, like some of those lap times the magazines published, it is literally less than a second behind the M3. I don't know how that's even possible with a 2 ton car. That's what worries me that M3 won't feel as fast. It can probably pull those lap times because the engine is massive.

Please make this an easy week for me, be supportive. I don't know what the f*** I'm doing.
Appreciate 0