View Single Post
      08-16-2018, 01:10 AM   #8
Pacific Ride
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540I Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMondragon View Post
When you said you got the promotion that was from February, did you place the order for the car back in February? Or did you place it at a later date?

Just wondering because I was going to order a rhodonite silver 530e when I placed my order on Feb 10, but figured it would take too long so I went with DGM. Curious to know if took 6 months to build & receive the car from the time you ordered it.
Good Question. I initially decided to purchase a BMW back in September 2017. I went back and forth with my sales rep at the dealership about the build and laid out $5,000.00. Then it took forever to get an allocation to even start production. Then the Merino leather situation delayed my build even longer. The only benefit to all this delay was by me going to the BMW site and watching for special offers BMW was holding that particular month. In February, there was a great $4,500.00 discount on top of any other offers for the 540i. I simply informed my sales rep who told me they would honor the discount on top of their already 3.5% off the top.

Production finally started around June 25th and completed some 2 weeks later and that included "individual paint". They trained it to the port and it took another 30 days to ship across the Atlantic to the west coast USA.

I am sure there numerous scenarios about builds and discounts on BMW's, but I am very happy how mine worked out. This car has awesome power, good fuel mileage, a sporty appearance and with massive sophistication. I hope you all find the satisfaction I feel in my BMW in your own.

Pacific Ride
Appreciate 0