LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyBMW View Post
Yeah...I think the sensors would come in action and warn you....but would it stop itself if too close? I think it should.
I have tested it and "No" it will not stop on its own. If the obstacles have moved since you have stopped, your vehicle will run into them.
The feature works well and will impress the passengers but you need to be very aware of the obstacles behind you and must apply your brakes. Until BMW programs in" low speed collision braking" (like every low/mid priced SUV) for the acoustic parking sensors, the system is limited and could be a major safety liability.

Try this.. Put some couch cushions behind the vehicle about 20 feet and activate the feature. Or even back up without the feature and see that your $100K BMW will not auto brake itself.
This is a very sore issue on the X5 forum.
I've been reading through this thread and thought I needed to chime in. I tested perpendicular parking last evening and the X7 parked itself and braked when it got close to a car behind and put the tranny in (P)ark. I did not touch the steering wheel, brake pedal, or gas pedal. I let the system do everything.
Appreciate 0