Drives: 320d M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettp36 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clbmw View Post
Good article

Seems that the relationship means Alpina can build a more comfortable / luxurious car but not allowed to surpass BMW on performance nor warranty.

New D5 S case in point - denied the tri turbo because M550d not coming to the UK, nothing to do with 'weight saving'.

Alpinas with longer warranty periods and greater power ceilings would sell in larger numbers IMHO. But hey what do I know, I'd love one but a two year guarantee on a very expensive modified BMW isn't a good starting point for me.
2 year?
Yes, in the U.K. we only get a 2 year warranty with Alpina cars, but 3 years with normal BMW's.

Combine that with zero discounts and no finance deals means that volumes are very low. This is a conscious decision to keep the volumes low due to Alpina's low capacity.

The B3S and B4S actually have 8 more bhp over the M3 and M4 too (425bhp and 433bho). So they do compete directly with the M cars too.

I would love an Alpina B4S or B3S Touring but once specced they are eye wateringly expensive and the monthly costs higher than an M5.
Having said all this I'd love to see what Alpina could do with the V12 in the M760i, shame it'll never happen.
Appreciate 0