View Single Post
      03-25-2019, 08:41 AM   #38
Roberto-Carlo
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 120 ah BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgieUK View Post
All dash cams break up a recording file .. usually the segments are between 1 and 3 minutes. If you want to download a range of files from the camera to your iPhone, you can select a number of files and then start the download (but it's very slow).

The thing that I have still to work out is how to get files that are now on my phone, onto my laptop. I have yet to find a way to do that, so I have asked the helpline for advice. Once I hear back, I'll update this post.
Hi Budgie, I have recently purchased a new BMW i3 and had this dreaded dash cam fitted. Did you ever find out how to get the saved files on your smart phone onto a PC? Is it possible to e-mail them across? I can see nothing to allow sharing.

Also, if you view the files straight from the SD Card in the PC you can only see the front camera? How on earth do you get to see what's on the rear camera? I am using the VLC Player but they also view on the Microsoft Player as well but again only the front view?

One might have thought that BMW would have provided a proper viewing software considering the price of the camera? I had a BlackVue on my previous car and it was a 100 times easier to use and view.

Anyway, any updates you can share? Thank you.
Appreciate 0