Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by benoa View Post
Hi,

When plugging my radar detector to the OBDII port, it switches on and works fine. After switching off, the car, it stays on for a while and finally powers off. But when starting the car again, it won't turn on unless if remove the OBDII plug and re-insert it again. Any idea of what's happening?

The radar detector works fine when using another power source. I just like the added accuracy provided via the OBDII port so would really like to make it work...
The power never shuts off on the ODB port. I leave my UniCarScan adapter in mine ful-time and I still see it as an available wireless network when I'm near my car. Your radar detector probably turns off due to lack of activity. This is not the appropriate way to power a radar detector. You don't want anything to short out.

Do yourself a favor and wire it to fuse block #50 near the passenger kick panel. That block only shares power with the cigarette lighter. Use a fuse tap and then you can use both with safe, switched power. The power will turn off in about 10 min after vehicle shutdown.
Appreciate 1
Warp Ten640.00