Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusivs View Post
Always primarily shoot raw / and optimize for lens specific in post edits. The L-series though twice the price of my T2I are quite impressive. Am going to get my hands on one this weekend and get a feel for what I like best. You mentioned DLO? Sry can you expand on that?
DLO stands for Digital Lens Optimization. Canon's Raw converter, Digital Photo Professional, includes DLO for most current Canon lens/body combinations. DLO corrects for geometric distortion, chromatic aberration, vignetting, softness, etc. at every focal length and aperture combination AUTOMATICALLY. It's particularly important with zoom lenses, particularly at the wide end of zooms.

DPP is not the only Raw conversion software that includes lens optimization. DxO pioneered it several years ago, so it's part of their Optics Pro software. Lightroom added modules two or three years ago.

DPP comes with all Canon DSLRs, so that's free and give exceptionally good results. DxO offers a one-month free trial. Lightroom is the most used Raw conversion software, but I don't know if they offer a free trial.

Try it. I think you'll be very impressed with the improvements in your lenses. In fact, I don't consider a lens tested until I've run the files DLO.

Dave