View Single Post
      03-17-2019, 09:58 AM   #277
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

so just completed 95% of the bamboo flooring in the upstairs hallway. here I completely removed the old hardwood and the old carpet on the steps down to the subflooring and removed the baseboards all around. just waiting for a couple of pieces of bull nose to be delivered to complete the steps.

removed the wooden balusters which than I sanded down the hand rails from the dark cherrywood finish and restained to a satin black finish.

iron balusters came in for the top rails in the hallway and I placed another baluster order for the remaining stairs that go down. will wait to put these in as i'm waiting for the stain to dry for at least 24hrs.

here are the new box newels. picked up 3 of them these will be stained satin black along with the handrails

starting to tear down all the old stairs, wooden baluster, handrails and newels and replacing with new boxed style newels I picked up from Home Depot. because the treads were solid red oak boards already premade as steps when I yanked them out their were no boards underneath so I had to cut some new tread boards for the new bamboo flooring to sit on as well as the matching bamboo bull nose. I won't do the bamboo flooring on the risers as I kinda like the white risers that flow with the mouldings.

new treads

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13154.00
shimmy232350.00