badfish
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwprince4life View Post
I dont know.. to me i thought it was going to be wayyy better. Its not even that loud. Its sounds good tho but not loud enough. It also sounds like the car was in a room that makes the exhaust echo which is kind of cheating. I think you cant really know truth till there are vids of drivebys. thats my opinion
That's my car so I can respond to this. Prior to this exhaust, I had the Remus exhaust. What I can tell you is capturing the sound of exhausts, especially without load is very hard to do. I've been trying take some videos of the Remus but what I'm capturing just isn't what is there when you are listening to it in person.

Mere moments after having this exhaust unmounted and going back to the Remus, I can tell you that this exhaust is louder. The Remus is louder than stock to begin with. Then driving on the freeway with the Vorsteiner exhaust I noticed under acceleration that it is louder.

To be honest with you, the exhaust sounds louder outside than it does in this room. I was standing outside the exhaust shop listening to someone rev my car in the parking lot. Driveby videos will help. If you're looking for something as loud as straight pipes then this exhaust might not be for you. But this exhaust is more than loud enough for me and I think it's just perfect. I'm a 33 year old guy, I don't want one of those way noisy ricecans droning on the back of a Civic. Nor am I looking to wake the neighbors pulling into my driveway but I want something that will improve performance and let me know that it's there. You will have a weight savings and an improved design over OEM, wait till you see the final product. Listen to it in person if you can, then make your judgments.

The M3 is very moody with the exhaust note. It sounds totally different warmed up than starting cold. My car sounds different all the time with the same exhaust. I've never had such a moody car, I think my M3 is a female. Another important thing to keep in mind is that the design of this exhaust requires a break-in period. There weren't very many miles put on after the exhaust was installed. But trust me, it's louder than this video shows. It's just the perfect level IMO.